Make this Instant Pot Lasagna Soup for a quick and hearty meal that’s packed with filling ingredients and the flavors you know and love!
Next time you’re craving lasagna, break out the pressure cooker! This quick and easy lasagna soup recipe is a brand new take on the classic Italian dish.
Perfect for cozy, chilly nights, this lasagna soup in the Instant Pot takes classic ingredients and turns them into the ultimate comforting soup.
Made with ground beef, lasagna noodles, and multiple kinds of cheese, this is sure to satisfy and warm you from the inside out.
Not only is this easy to make, it’s also fast! This Lasagna Soup is ready in less than 20 minutes! No need to wait for a lasagna to bake when you can quickly whip up a batch of this hearty soup.
For an added crunch and some additional flavor, top your soup with these Air Fryer Pasta Chips!
Why You’ll Love this Easy Lasagna Soup with Ground Beef
This is the BEST lasagna soup recipe you’ll find! It features delicious ground beef, a rich and creamy sauce, and perfectly cooked lasagna noodles.
Best of all, this dish is ready in under 20 minutes thanks to the magic of pressure cooking in your instant pot. A classic lasagna can take an hour or more to prepare and bake, but this soup is prepped and cooked in a flash!
Customize with your favorite toppings, switch up the kind of protein you use, and add other seasonings or garnishes to make this recipe for lasagna soup your own.
However you make and serve it, you’re sure to love the comforting nostalgic flavors and the hearty finish of this pressure cooker recipe.
Want more Instant Pot recipes?
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup Ingredients
- Ground Beef – this can be substituted with something like ground turkey or ground chicken for a slightly leaner soup.
- Garlic – fresh garlic works the best here, but jarred, minced garlic is great in a pinch.
- Chicken Broth – you can use vegetable broth if you prefer, but chicken broth provides more flavor.
- Spaghetti Sauce – use your favorite marinara sauce, whether it’s store bought or your favorite home recipe.
- Tomato Paste – provides additional tomato flavor and a bit of thickness to the soup.
- Parmesan Cheese and Mozzarella Cheese – using two kinds of cheese gives the soup a distinctly cheesy flavor profile and a rich, melty consistency.
- Italian Seasoning – an easy way to pack in lots of flavor to your soup without much effort.
- Heavy Cream – helps the base of the soup thicken.
- Lasagna Noodles – cook quickly in the pressure cooker and act as the perfect way to scoop up and enjoy all the components of this soup.
Helpful Tools and Supplies
- Instant Pot – An Instant Pot or other pressure cooker is a great way to make a fantastic soup without standing around waiting for it to cook!
How to Make this Instant Pot Lasagna Soup Recipe
- Turn on the Sauté function on the Instant Pot. Add the ground beef, the garlic and Italian seasoning. Cook until the meat is no longer pink, which should take about 5-6 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and the spaghetti sauce, mixing together. Now, add the tomato paste as well as the heavy cream and stir to combine.
- Break up the lasagna noodles and add into the pressure cooker. Push the broken lasagna noodles into the liquid until just submerged.
- Put on the lid, set it to sealing and cook on manual high pressure for 6 minutes. At the end of pressure cooking time, quick release the pressure.
- Remove lid and stir in both the mozzarella and the Parmesan cheese. Serve while hot with some hearty bread and a side salad for a filling healthy instant pot dinner!
Recipe Variations and Substitutions
- Instead of ground beef, you could use ground chicken, ground turkey, or even Italian sausage for a slightly different take on this soup.
- If you love tomatoes, you can also mix some canned diced tomatoes into the soup before cooking.
- Another kind of pasta can be substituted for the lasagna noodles if necessary.
- For a bit of spiciness, add some red pepper flakes.
- If you don’t have Italian seasoning, use a combination of oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil, and marjoram.
- Add even more flavor by adding onion powder or garlic powder.
- Use additional vegetables like mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini, chopped onion, spinach, or whatever else you have on hand to add even more nutrition.
- If you worry about the ground beef sticking to the Instant Pot, add a small drizzle of olive oil or other cooking oil to the pot before adding the meat.
- Top with a scoop of ricotta cheese, additional shredded Parmesan or mozzarella, and some fresh parsley for a delicious garnish.
- Breaking the lasagna noodles makes it easier to cook them and easier to eat as well. They can be left whole if you prefer, but they may not cook as evenly.
- Some Instant Pots have a “soup” function, but be sure to set it according to the instructions in the recipe for best results.
- When you add the broth, scrape the bottom of the Instant Pot to deglaze and prevent burning.
Storage and Reheating Tips
- Keep leftover lasagna soup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Lasagna soup can also be frozen for 3 months or longer. Make a large batch of this soup and freeze for easy meals in the future.
- To reheat, microwave the soup for 30 seconds at a time in a microwave safe bowl. Cover with a paper towel to prevent splatter.
- You can also transfer the soup back to the Instant Pot and heat it that way, or heat it in a regular pot on the stove top.
- If the soup is a bit too thick after reheating, add a bit more broth. The noodles can soak up liquid while they sit in the fridge.
- From frozen, I recommend allowing your soup to thaw in the fridge for several hours first, or overnight if possible.
What can I use if I don’t have an Instant Pot?
If you don’t have access to an Instant Pot or another pressure cooker, you could also make this recipe using a slow cooker. As the name implies, it will take longer in the slow cooker.
You may have to experiment with cooking time and temperature in the slow cooker. This recipe could also be made on the stove top, though it would require more supervision and stirring.
What size Instant Pot should I use for this lasagna soup?
I used the 6 quart size, but the recipe can be adjusted if you have a different size.
What makes lasagna noodles special?
These long, flat noodles are one of the oldest and best-known pasta shapes. Typically rectangular with ribboned edges, this pasta is fairly thick and hearty.
The name lasagna is thought to come from a Greek work laganon, which refers to a sheet of pasta dough cut into strips.
More Recipes You’ll Love
- Instant Pot Grape Jelly Meatballs – This Instant Pot appetizer yields a sweet and savory flavor combination, and only requires a few ingredients!
- Baked Italian Sausage Baguette – Combine the classic flavors of sausage and peppers for this hearty, handheld appetizer that’s sure to please any crowd.
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Wings – Use your pressure cooker to easily make flavorful chicken wings that are perfect as a snack for watching the game.
- Herbed Lasagna Chips – If you have leftover noodles, use them to make these unique chips from Share the Pasta!
Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- 1lb Ground Beef
- 1Tbs Garlic Powder
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth
- 2 Cups Spaghetti Sauce
- 2Tbs Tomato Paste
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1Tbs Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 8-10 Lasagna Noodles
- Turn on the Sauté function on the Instant Pot. Add the ground beef, garlic powder and Italian seasoning, then cook until no longer pink. About 5-6 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth.
- Pour in the spaghetti sauce.
- Add the tomato paste and heavy cream.
- Break up the lasagna noodles and add into the instant pot. Push them down into the liquid until just submerged.
- Put on the lid, set it to sealing and cook on Manual high pressure for 6 minutes.
- At the end of pressure cooking time, quick release the pressure.
- Remove lid & stir in both cheeses.
- Serve while hot.
- Add additional cheese or fresh parsley on top as a garnish. Ricotta cheese is also a good option.
- Instead of ground beef, use turkey, chicken, or Italian sausage.
- Another kind of noodle can be used if you prefer.
- Use other seasonings like onion powder, garlic powder, or red pepper flakes for a more flavorful dish.
- No Italian seasoning? Combine oregano, thyme, marjoram, rosemary, and basil.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 621mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 19g