This Berry Bad Day Cocktail will help you take your mind off your crummy day! With bubbly champagne and fresh raspberries, this simple drink might be the lift you need to turn your mood around.
Why You’ll Love this Berry Cocktail
Having a very bad day at work or struggling to keep things together at home? When you finally get the chance to relax and unwind, turn a very bad day around with this berry bad day cocktail!
With a few simple ingredients that you may already have on hand, this quick and simple berry cocktail is the perfect pick-me-up for days when you need a little boost. Bubbly and sweet, make one of these, draw a warm bath, and sip away that bad day.
And if you enjoy easy champagne cocktail recipes like this one, try this Whiskey Champagne Cocktail, which is perfect for any kind of celebration!
Berry Cocktail Ingredients
- Champagne – gives your bad day cocktail a fizziness that will lift your spirits!
- Amaretto – I used Disaronno, but any kind of amaretto will give your cocktail a distinctly sweet and slightly nutty flavor.
- Fresh Raspberries – provide a pop of color and sweetness.
- Rosemary – works as a beautiful garnish and adds an herbal twist.
- Place fresh raspberries into a cocktail glass.
- Fill the glass 1/3 of the way with amaretto.
- Top off with champagne.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary.
- Add a pretty stainless steel cocktail straw like this one and serve.
What can I use instead of Champagne?
Prosecco is a perfect substitution for Champagne, as it’s very similar but made in Italy rather than France.
How can I dress up this cocktail even more?
Rim the glass with sugar or this almond sugar mix, which will enhance the almond flavor from the amaretto and pair well with the sweetness.
What is amaretto?
This Italian liqueur is known for its distinct almond flavor, which comes from a number of possible ingredients like apricot kernels, peach stones, or actual almonds. It’s a common ingredient in cocktails and is also commonly used in baked goods.
Popular Variations and Substitutions
- Feel free to exclude the amaretto if you want a drink that’s a little on the lighter side.
- You can also make this drink entirely non-alcoholic by substituting sparkling grape juice for the champagne.
- Blackberries, strawberries, and cranberries would be delicious substitutions or additions to your cocktail.
- While Disaronno is my pick for amaretto, use whatever kind you like.
Other Comforting Recipes You’ll Love
More recipes that will help you relax, unwind, and indulge a bit at the end of a tough day. Pair one of the appetizers with your bad day cocktail for a real treat!
- Tequila Kiss – Another sweet and fizzy cocktail featuring berries.
- Strawberry Mudslide – This cocktail is like dessert in a glass, perfect for Valentine’s Day or any romantic evening.
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Dip – A hearty, savory dip that’s perfect to enjoy with crackers, chips, or veggies.
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn – Sweet and salty, this gourmet popcorn is great for a holiday treat or an indulgent snack at the end of a long day!
Berry Bad Day Cocktail
This pretty berry cocktail combines Amaretto and Champagne, perfect for girls night or a pick-me-up after a grueling day!
- Fresh raspberries
- Rosemary (for garnish)
- Add some fresh Raspberries to a cocktail glass.
- Fill 1/3 up with Amaretto.
- Top up with Champagne.
- Add a Rosemary sprig for garnish.
- Add a cocktail straw and serve.
- For a lighter drink, leave out the amaretto.
- To make this non-alcoholic, use sparkling grape juice instead of Champagne.
- Any kind of fresh fruit would be tasty instead of or in addition to the raspberries.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 0g